From top to bottom – Bill Murray as Big Ern in Kingpin, Alfred Hitchcock, Bon Iver and Caroline Aherne. Check out more from Dunstan Doodles here.
Earlier this evening Virginian artist, David MacDowell got in touch to reveal that he’s behind, Bad Mutha Wizard the Pulp Fiction meets Wizard of Oz print that Slacker Shack blogged about a while ago. He’s also the man behind the Jaws meets Big Lebowski print ‘Abide’ and The Big Lebowski meets Peanuts print ‘Charlie Lebowski’ (but to be fair, we knew that already).
I was chuffed Dave stopped by to say hello and he also provided a link to a site selling some of his prints – Dirty Pilot.
Over on his website Dave (rather delightfully) notes that his work has been described as, “a virtual Disneyland on acid” in some quarters. Check out some examples of his brilliant and eye-popping work below:
You can check out more of Dave MacDowell‘s work over at his website here.
I spotted this on the internet today and I haven’t stopped chuckling since:
According to an article published in a 1985 issue of Ebony magazine this is what Michael Jackson would look like in the year 2000.
“Portraits of the Stars: What They May Look Like in the Year 2000” was put together by an artist named Nathan Wright.
Chillingly accurate I’m sure you’ll agree.
Some are unbelievably daft, some feed off the feeling that they’re so random they could in fact be true – all of them are in some way or another, highly chucklesome.
Quizical, tongue-in-cheek smiles at the ready then for Slacker Shack’s top ten favourite urban myths:-
01. Pink Floyd’s, Dark Side of the Moon synch’s up pefectly with the Wizard of Oz (find out more here)
02. Richard Gere and the gerbil (find out more here)
03. Prince/Marilyn Manson has had ribs removed so that he can suck his own dick ((find out more here)
04. Bob Holness from TV’s Blockbusters played the saxophone solo on Gerry Rafferty’s, Baker Street hit single (find out more here)
05. Nostradamus predicted 9/11 (find out more here)
06. The ocean tastes salty because of whale sperm (find out more here)
07. Jamie Lee Curtis/Grace Jones/Ciara/Lady Gaga is an hermaphrodite (find out more here)
08. If a penny was thrown from the top of the Empire State building and it hit you, you would die (find out more here)
09. There are giant alligators in the sewers of New York City (find out more here)
10. Paul McCartney was killed on November 9, 1966 and subsequently replaced with a look-a-like named William Campbell Shears (find out more here)
What’s your favourite?